23 June 2006
God approves of incest
A couple of things:
Desolate-Paladin over at Debunking Christianity makes some great points about Adam, Eve, Cain, and Noah. My favourite thought though would be the idea that god endorses incest by default. If we are all descended from the first couple, then who was Cain's wife? His Sister?
Also, I've been fixated on Alonzo's writing over at Atheist Ethicist. He makes some good points in this article about bigotry. I need to really watch my sweeping generalizations. It's bad form and it's a dead giveaway that I'm letting my frustrations run rampant. It's a natural course of events in any phase of activism or altruism in my life that the phase ends in a defensive admission that people have too much inertia - it's hard to move them when they're standing still and it's hard to stop them when they're moving in the wrong direction. Once I reach that point, it's a state of complete defeat, and denial comes as a soothing balm. I need to stop whining so much and focus on actionable goals.
Desolate-Paladin over at Debunking Christianity makes some great points about Adam, Eve, Cain, and Noah. My favourite thought though would be the idea that god endorses incest by default. If we are all descended from the first couple, then who was Cain's wife? His Sister?
Also, I've been fixated on Alonzo's writing over at Atheist Ethicist. He makes some good points in this article about bigotry. I need to really watch my sweeping generalizations. It's bad form and it's a dead giveaway that I'm letting my frustrations run rampant. It's a natural course of events in any phase of activism or altruism in my life that the phase ends in a defensive admission that people have too much inertia - it's hard to move them when they're standing still and it's hard to stop them when they're moving in the wrong direction. Once I reach that point, it's a state of complete defeat, and denial comes as a soothing balm. I need to stop whining so much and focus on actionable goals.
Labels: morality
