27 July 2006

Sappy, sappy blog love - with benefits

Ok. My favourite blog right now is azerbic. It's mainly media commentary, but Antonia has provided some excellent links over the past couple of days. I've been fixated on Blogging Beirut since she posted a link to one of their articles. Today she's linked to a great essay exposing some of the myths being vomited by the monsters behind the Israeli war machine to justify the slaughter of Lebanese civilians - and a few unarmed UN observers.

Conversely, the breakdown of the smaller number of deaths of Israelis at the hands of Hezbollah -- 42 at the time of writing -- show that more soldiers have been killed than civilians.

In fact, although no one is making the point, Hezbollah'’s rockets have been targeted overwhelming at strategic locations: the northern economic hub of Haifa, its satellite towns and the array of military sites across the Galilee.

Nasrallah seems fully aware that Israel has an impressive civil defense program of shelters that keep most civilians out of harm'’s way.


Last night, CBC Radio interviewed an IDF captain about the bombing of the UN post, and instead of answering the question of how such a huge "mistake" could have been made, even after numerous calls from that post to the IDF that the post in danger of being hit, the captain used the interview to spew propaganda about Hezbollah rockets "raining down" on Israel and Israel's right to defend itself.

One final note: as far as I know, The Daily Star in Lebanon, Blogging Beirut and this blog are the only places where the oil spill off the coast of Beirut has been mentioned. You'd think it was just a few cans of motor oil washing up on the beach. No, my friends. The breakers are black with crude and it's reported to be covering more than 60% of the Lebanese coast.


Edit: Reuters picked it up

Labels:


Comments:
I really like your blog, and I want to help others find it. I encourage you to list your blog on Atheism Online at http://atheismonline.com/tiki-page.php?pageName=Welcome
 
vjack: I can't believe I missed this comment. Thanks for the vote of support! I actually submitted my blog to AO after a comment I read on one of your posts. I hope others will like this little corner of the net. I'm glad sombody's reading it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?