21 August 2006
For my next trick, I'll make my head disappear up my ass
As further proof that Atheists are a non-homogenous bunch of people whose opinions on other subjects can be as diverse as there are subjects to argue about, we find Penn and Teller abandoning science for the sake of the Church of Skepticism. It seems that they have taken on Climate Change Science in one of their Bullshit segments, attempting to debunk the "myth" of AGW with a little misdirection, diversion and a few half-truths. I seriously doubt that they've prostituted themselves out to big oil. Then again, if you sell your soul to an unbridled market in general, would that make you a whore? I know of a few other notable atheist libertarians who think of environmentalism as a religion. When I hear some of the crackpot strawman arguments coming out of my fellow atheists, I feel more confident that some of my own logical transgressions can be forgiven. Nonetheless, atheism is only half of my online persona. My environmental half seethes at the reckless intellectual cock-waggery.
Thanks once again to Desmog Blog for continuing to show us the secret of PR sleight-of-hand.
Thanks once again to Desmog Blog for continuing to show us the secret of PR sleight-of-hand.
Labels: AGW
