07 September 2006

More on war

If you've ever trivialized war or had any thoughts of support for the war in Afganistan, the war in Iraq, the war in Lebanon, or "The War on Terror tm" in general, or any war for that matter, please go here and stay a while and soak up the joy of the spread of freedom and democracy in the world.

If you feel good about war and don't have kids, don't bother. You probably won't get it.

Much appreciation to Mickey Z for posting the link.

Labels: ,


Comments:
That's a pretty ugly inflammable collection of pictures with no verifiable evidence of where they are actually from and what the context of the circumstances are. Most of those injuries look like the result of IEDs from criminal or sectarian violence rather than conventional military weapons.
Here are some more pictures of dead kids that are from a documented event.
http://www.kdp.pp.se/old/chemical.html
 
"Most of those injuries look like the result of IEDs from criminal or sectarian violence rather than conventional military weapons."

That's quite a pantload, Mike. Not only are you speculating about the nature of the weapons used, (would a cluster bomb rip half your face off more cleanly than a pipe bomb?) but also the affiliation of those who deployed them. I'll never claim that I hold the logical high ground, but come on... I'll bow to your superior knowledge of ordnance, but these aren't pictures of bombs, only of their effect.

Regardless, I appreciate you providing a link to another direct result of American foreign policy. The irony is that Halabja is held up in contrast to southern Lebanon, where in both places indiscriminate mass homicide was employed in civilian areas to kill enemy combatants allegedly residing there. The difference is that only the puppet responsible for Halabja is being incarcerated and tried for that particular war crime.

As for the veracity of the image collection, sources are cited at the bottom of the page, albeit not strictly for every picture. It would be nice if the details of each image were provided alongside. I'm all for truth and accountability. I don't really see evidence of doctoring the images, though. They really are children with parts missing.

As I said, those without children probably won't get it. Who gives a shit about the reason why whatever fuckstain did it did it? It all comes back to the same universal incentives: money, power, or some xenophobic junk dogma. The perpetrators are all on the same side in that respect. It doesn't matter. They're kids. It lacks all justification, period.

P.S. - Are you coming to O'Leary's thing?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?