27 October 2006
I'm a busy guy
I haven't dropped off the face of the earth yet. I've got a big followup post to my last one. I just haven't had time to finish it. It references a site that's been having technical problems, though, so letting it sit until they get things sorted out is actually the right course of action. I'll just interject a few comments though:
- The tories suck. Their "Made in Canada" Clean Air Act has no teeth and has targets that won't take effect while the current government sits. That they likely won't be the government by next spring is irrelevant. They wasted valuable time in parliament with social conservative bullshit. Wind Blog nailed it.
- The BC Liberals suck. I forgot to hate them when I realized how bad political representation could get with the Cocks in Ottawa. Then they suggest a cull of predators of the Woodland Caribou when the real culprit to their demise is the destruction of old growth forests. Of course the predators are killing them. It's idiotic to expect them all to live to a ripe old age. But if there is less competition for food from other caribou of the same species, why aren't they managing to replenish their population? Why are the predators more successful. Are they more plentiful? Has destruction of their habitats forced them to concentrate in the Caribou habitat? I'm no biologist, but this smacks of snow job. I'll bet the gist of the report has more to do with recreation dollars than anything. More hunting permits means a boon to tourism. Greedy fucking pinheads.
Priceless."I am prepared to state my position publicly that this herd is doomed and should either be moved or written off," Bill Bennett, minister of state for mining, said in an earlier e-mail when he sat as a backbencher in the Liberal government.
"Government should not be throwing good money after bad."
- I've started composting finally. I'll have a vegetable garden this spring.
Labels: AGW
Comments:
<< Home
Hi PS4,
1) I'm not quite sure what you mean by meaning. Are you referring to "The Meaning of Life?" because I'm not quite clear on what we look for when we're looking for that. What does life mean? Are you looking for a definition? I don't think so. Maybe if you'd care to elaborate on the question, I'd be happy to answer it.
2) Do you mean, have I developed a belief system since becoming an atheist? Quite the opposite. I've been purposely dismantling the belief systems I collected through life that were based on superstition. It might be interesting to note that I did develop a belief system to help me get to the point I am now. In the last stages of my escape from religious belief, I believed that god, seeing the pain and horror we cause in its name, would prefer that we didn't believe in it. I complied, and it's been going swimmingly.
Post a Comment
1) I'm not quite sure what you mean by meaning. Are you referring to "The Meaning of Life?" because I'm not quite clear on what we look for when we're looking for that. What does life mean? Are you looking for a definition? I don't think so. Maybe if you'd care to elaborate on the question, I'd be happy to answer it.
2) Do you mean, have I developed a belief system since becoming an atheist? Quite the opposite. I've been purposely dismantling the belief systems I collected through life that were based on superstition. It might be interesting to note that I did develop a belief system to help me get to the point I am now. In the last stages of my escape from religious belief, I believed that god, seeing the pain and horror we cause in its name, would prefer that we didn't believe in it. I complied, and it's been going swimmingly.
<< Home

