22 November 2006
Does Chapters have an atheism section?
If not they'll probably have to create one soon given the plethora of anti-theist works being published of late. Thanks to a tip from my friend Sean, I've learned that Greg Graffin of the band Bad Religion is writing yet another one, due out sometime next year. It's based on his doctoral dissertation that draws on the two key interests in his life - evolution and religion - and will probably be called "Atheism and the Naturalist World".
If you've never heard of Bad Religion, they were/are a California Punk band whose heyday (in the punk scene at least) was in the late 80s and early 90s. They're still around making music though. I was never really a huge fan of that southern California melodic punk sound (Descendents, Big Drill Car, etc...). It was fun to listen to once in a while, but I was always a bit more serious and dreary and angry in those days - not that Bad Religion wasn't angry. I did, however, own a copy of Suffer. Great melodies and harmonies. Intelligent lyrics. I think I should have been into them more back then.
For more information on what Greg is doing, go here.
If you've never heard of Bad Religion, they were/are a California Punk band whose heyday (in the punk scene at least) was in the late 80s and early 90s. They're still around making music though. I was never really a huge fan of that southern California melodic punk sound (Descendents, Big Drill Car, etc...). It was fun to listen to once in a while, but I was always a bit more serious and dreary and angry in those days - not that Bad Religion wasn't angry. I did, however, own a copy of Suffer. Great melodies and harmonies. Intelligent lyrics. I think I should have been into them more back then.
For more information on what Greg is doing, go here.
