16 January 2007
Doubling back for a mo
It tough when a guy can't make sweeping generalizations and not have them proven to be true. In the spirit of what's turning out to be Ecochristian Week here on The Environmental Atheist Blog, I bring you Rev. Michael Ingham, environmental grease gun and Anglican Minister. Props to Odiyya at The Conscious Earth for giving us the skinny on this bloke. Follow the link for a good read on a good blog.
I've always had a soft spot for Anglicans and Episcopalians, having been one myself for a long time. I felt a general sentiment of tolerance and a critical view of their more fervent counterparts in the christian world as a youth in a Southern Episcopal diocese. This laid down a spiritual foundation that allowed me to finally doff the yoke of The Dominant Myth. It doesn't surprise me to read about Rev. Ingham's positive ideological leanings.
Some might remember one of the more agreeable interviewees in Richard Dawkins documentary "The Root of All Evil" was an Anglican minister... a Bishop I think. It's with a sense of nostalgia that I regret the winnowing of followers from the Anglican Church. Thankfully, they tend to migrate to the secular side of thought.
I've always had a soft spot for Anglicans and Episcopalians, having been one myself for a long time. I felt a general sentiment of tolerance and a critical view of their more fervent counterparts in the christian world as a youth in a Southern Episcopal diocese. This laid down a spiritual foundation that allowed me to finally doff the yoke of The Dominant Myth. It doesn't surprise me to read about Rev. Ingham's positive ideological leanings.
Some might remember one of the more agreeable interviewees in Richard Dawkins documentary "The Root of All Evil" was an Anglican minister... a Bishop I think. It's with a sense of nostalgia that I regret the winnowing of followers from the Anglican Church. Thankfully, they tend to migrate to the secular side of thought.
Labels: ecochristians
