12 April 2007

Bear with me.

Did you ever have a great idea or wickedly astute insight into the workings of the world, and then try to write about it for your blog, or your memoirs, or your doctoral thesis, or for some other audience who might appreciate some new nugget of wisdom, and then completely lose the key point of the argument in the process of documenting it?

This happens on a weekly basis with me. It's why I post so infrequently. It's why the posts I do submit tend to clumsily ramble and meander and fall short of the eloquence of a punch-drunk Bowery goon.

I want to be profound without stretching the limits of reason. I want to write biting critiques of the thugs and hypocrites pulling the strings without sounding whiney and disaffected - kind of like right now...

More to come.

Comments:
Ha, ha. Yeah, that happens to me, too. In fact, I had saved a half-finished post as a draft and when I went back to finish it, I couldn't remember what point I was trying to make. :)
 
Marcy: It's maddening, I tell ya! I had a beautiful idea about the dawn of agriculture and got bogged down in my recurring struggle with cultural power dynamics. To tell the truth, that post of yours about moochers kind of lit the spark for it. I might post it anyway after I clean it up a bit this weekend - that is if it can be cleaned up. I don't want it to be another of the dozens collecting dust on the back burner.
 
I thought you might be interested in this: http://www.earthjustice.org/how_to_help/action/index.html
 
Thanks for that vjack. Somehow I think that an email of concern from a Canadian to the US Congress would hinder rather than help the actions listed there. I'm sure that there must be a Canadian equivalent somewhere. Emailing Canadian politicians is dicey, because they read their email. I got into a flame war with one a while back about his party's support of the Iraq war - bloody conservative jackass. It's tough to butt heads about current events with someone who helps set policy for their party and is one of the more vocal members of Parliament. That didn't stop him from talking out of his ass, though. He had the duck and weave of the fallacy dance down pat and lots of smelly nuggets of propaganda oft repeated by his American counterparts on the evening news. Thankfully, my current MP has a more responsive ear and a progressive outlook.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?