23 May 2007

Who Wants to be a Terrorist?

So some deranged kid was going to firebomb protesters outside Jerry Falwell's funeral:


The student, 19-year-old Mark D. Uhl of Amissville, Va., reportedly told authorities that he was making the bombs to stop protesters from disrupting the funeral service. The devices were made of a combination of gasoline and detergent, a law enforcement official told ABC News' Pierre Thomas. They were "slow burn," according to the official, and would not have been very destructive.


Detergent and gasoline? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the recipe for napalm? You know, that gooey flamable shit that sticks to kids? Not very destructive? I guess not in a BOOM BOOM sense. More like an "Oh Christ! I'm on fire and I can't make it stop!!!" sense. What a sick fucker. I wouldn't even wish that kind of torture on a Phelptheist.



The kid will probably get off with a relatively light sentence, with all the frills of due process, bypassing Guantanamo Bay altogether. This is the problem with treating terrorism as an act of war rather than as a crime like it should be: it's almost impossible to stuff a domestic terrorist into that enemy combatant mould, especially if the brainfuck psychosis that drives the terrorist activity is the same as the brainfuck psychosis that runs the country.

Cheers to Kev\Rev\Woodshed dude via Teh Beaver.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
OH MAN. Wow. What a poetically perfect summation of his legacy. Thanks for catching this, I missed it completely.
 
Yep, yet you never see a frontpage article about the threat that 'christian terrorists' pose, although interestingly enough the actions of one of them is bound to be on the front page most days of the week.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?