11 December 2007
Blog love and absence
Probably 5% of the blog posts I read on a daily basis are excuses for not posting more frequently. Those kinds of posts do tend to annoy for the time wasted in reading them, so I won't gush with excuses and apologies. I have nothing to say... really... except that they annoy me. So there. I know I'll be annoying for the rest of this and I don't care. I'm a badass that way.
I don't really have much to say on environmentalism and atheism these days. Fundies and globalists piss me off so much that dwelling on their world-crushing antics would end up killing me prematurely. That would mean less time to spend with my champion kids and my beautiful, funny, talented partner/wife/lover/friend/co-procreator. I do think of the end of this civilization and the collapse of this culture a lot. I'm just learning right now - and working my ass off, because work is busy right now and why the hell am I blogging when I should be working?
So if and when I find time for myself and a book of rant to vomit out onto these sacred tubes, I will. Until then, enjoy the ones who bring it like it ought to be brought. Bone up on the choice cuts with The Brainsturbator and Hump Jones, then wash it down with some comedic blasphemy by Flumadiddle. If you still aren't laughing enough, sprinkle on some LOLCats and some XKCD. These are my staples. The rest is commentary.
"bring it like it ought to be brought". gack. I shouldn't be blogging.
I don't really have much to say on environmentalism and atheism these days. Fundies and globalists piss me off so much that dwelling on their world-crushing antics would end up killing me prematurely. That would mean less time to spend with my champion kids and my beautiful, funny, talented partner/wife/lover/friend/co-procreator. I do think of the end of this civilization and the collapse of this culture a lot. I'm just learning right now - and working my ass off, because work is busy right now and why the hell am I blogging when I should be working?
So if and when I find time for myself and a book of rant to vomit out onto these sacred tubes, I will. Until then, enjoy the ones who bring it like it ought to be brought. Bone up on the choice cuts with The Brainsturbator and Hump Jones, then wash it down with some comedic blasphemy by Flumadiddle. If you still aren't laughing enough, sprinkle on some LOLCats and some XKCD. These are my staples. The rest is commentary.
"bring it like it ought to be brought". gack. I shouldn't be blogging.
Labels: blog-love
Comments:
<< Home
Abby,
Do you even understand what you believe or do you just believe what you think you understand?
Try this thought experiment: Imagine I've just walked out of the uncharted depths of the Amazon jungle, from a place untouched by civilization. Now, assuming that I didn't have one (or many) to begin with, which, or more correctly, whose god should I choose?
Zeus
Odin
Ra
Shiva
Apollo
Horus
Baal
Krishna
Buddha
Gaia
A heavily expurgated list, you might agree. Some demanding, some benign and wise. All valid choices.
Take this experiment further. Take the same scenario, and turn the clock back 2050 years. The list is much shorter. Your Jesus won't be there, but the YHWH that supposedly fathered him would be. What choice would guarantee me the best afterlife.
If this is at all taxing for you, why not take some advice from me? Why not believe in none of them, the way you did when you were born, and let your insentient remains return to fertilize the bosom of the earth that suckled you throughout your life. Gaia? No. Just the web of life that we've anthropomorphized with that name.
Post a Comment
Do you even understand what you believe or do you just believe what you think you understand?
Try this thought experiment: Imagine I've just walked out of the uncharted depths of the Amazon jungle, from a place untouched by civilization. Now, assuming that I didn't have one (or many) to begin with, which, or more correctly, whose god should I choose?
Zeus
Odin
Ra
Shiva
Apollo
Horus
Baal
Krishna
Buddha
Gaia
A heavily expurgated list, you might agree. Some demanding, some benign and wise. All valid choices.
Take this experiment further. Take the same scenario, and turn the clock back 2050 years. The list is much shorter. Your Jesus won't be there, but the YHWH that supposedly fathered him would be. What choice would guarantee me the best afterlife.
If this is at all taxing for you, why not take some advice from me? Why not believe in none of them, the way you did when you were born, and let your insentient remains return to fertilize the bosom of the earth that suckled you throughout your life. Gaia? No. Just the web of life that we've anthropomorphized with that name.
<< Home


